Korean massage and foot massage spas have been shut down for the New Year after a fire destroyed the premises in central Seoul, authorities said on Tuesday.
The fire, which killed at least nine people, was caused by a gas leak, and fire officials said that more than a dozen people remained hospitalized, most of them in critical condition.
The owners of the spa, which was closed for about two months after the blaze, said they did not expect the business to reopen for several weeks.
The owners of a number of other massage and massages have been arrested, and their names have been released by authorities.
Authorities also detained a number people in connection with the fire.
In addition to the owner of the business, a number other employees were also arrested and detained in connection to the fire, a police official said.
The restaurant has operated since at least 2008.
It was not immediately clear how many people were working at the spa.
In a statement, the spa said it was saddened by the loss of the family members, as well as the loss that has affected all of us.
We are also deeply saddened by all the other people who lost their lives during the blaze and we will not stop working to make the spa a better place for everyone.
The statement said that the spa’s owners had requested that the restaurant’s management work on improving the safety and welfare of all staff members.